- A dental crown is a cap designed to strengthen a tooth when there no enough tooth structure. They are designed to improve the functionally and appearance of one or several tooth.
- There are different types of crowns used for different purpose. These are made of various kinds of materials customized to patient needs.
- Crowns are made from various materials like Zirconium, Ceramic, Metals etc., two among them DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) and Zirconia.
- Zirconia crowns (Refer: https://vdentalcare.in/blog/zirconia-crowns-high-defined-and-high-precised-dental-crown-meterial/) are made up of powered metal (Zirconium Oxide) which doesn’t produce a toxic response to tissues for people who suffers from metal allergies.
- These crowns are highly recommended because they can withstand chewing and biting forces. Its greatest advantage was that with aesthetics to match with your natural teeth.
- These crowns provide excellent result when used for placing a single crown.
- On the other hand DMLS crowns also provides aesthetics but not superior to Zirconia. But its advantage is that can be used when more number of teeth has to be replaced.
- Zirconia provides more cosmetic effect. So using them at the front teeth crowns has greater advantage.
- Though the Zirconia was comparatively costly bit it all worth the strength and aesthetics it provides.
Dental Crowns are like your own teeth, so you need to practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing daily. Avoid chewing hard foods or objects as that can be damage the crowns. Finally, be sure to visit your dentist regularly for dental checkups.
At V dental hospitals with branches at Vizag, Gajuwaka, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam., We provide the best treatment procedures with wide implementation of all the new techniques and formalities., For further info., Kindly visit https://vdentalcare.in/