How does Diabetes affect Oral Health
- Presence of high blood sugar level (Diabetes) is one of the causes for decreasing in life span and affects the quality of the individual.
- Diabetes has a strongest association with oral health which leads to severe periodontal problems.
- Periodontal disease is the 6th complication of the diabetes, which cause tissue destruction and bone resorption leads to weakening of the teeth.
- Periodontal disease in diabetic individual is more severe compared to normal individual.
- Diabetes has a higher risk of causing dry mouth, which leads to decrease in saliva production results in decay of large number of teeth and ulcers on the mucosa.
- Diabetes individuals are more prone to opportunities fungal infection like oral brush.
- While managing \ preventing any oral disease in a diabetic individual the dentist should have a keen look over the blood sugar levels of the individual.
- At ‘V Dental Hospitals’ our doctors will take the utmost care regarding the diabetic patients in preventing further damage to the oral health.
- There will be delay in healing process in diabetic individuals, therefore it is important to follow the guidelines of the dentist’s instructions.
- One should make frequent dental visits to check the teeth and gums cleaned and in maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Using of floss and brushing after the meal prevents the dental diseases.
- In Diabetes, Implants success rate is difficult to achieve because they are more prone to infections and bone resorption.
- While placing the implants the blood sugar levels is to be monitored by the dentists closely.
- We ‘V dental Hospital’ doctors make a proper and close look of the blood sugar levels and healing process of the tissues and we guarantee you the best quality treatment and prevention of oral health in diabetes.
Dr John Madugula
M.D, Chief Dental Surgeon
At V dental hospitals with branches at Vizag, Gajuwaka, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam., We provide the best treatment procedures with wide implementation of all the new techniques and formalities., For further info., Kindly visit https://vdentalcare.in/