INTERACTION BETWEEN PATIENTS AND DENTIST
- Most of the patients avoid dental appointments because of anxiety and fear and about their oral maintenance.
- So in the first appointment the dentist should mainly concern about patients anxiety and main concern about their dental treatment
- Healthy communication should be maintained for establishing positive relationship with the patient.
- So dentist should not directly jump into the treatment to reduce patients anxiety should initiate with the casual talk like asking patients name, age, family background, chief complaint and his/her expectation from dentist.
- History of his being to past dentist, medical conditions which exaggerate dental conditions.
- Dentist should maintain eye contact while talking to patients, use body language to communicate.
- Summarize what the patient concern , reassure by follow up questions and present treatment options
MAIN BASIC NEEDS:
Basic courtesy and politeness,being warm and caring should be there while dealing with the patient
The patient needs to know that the dentist appreciates thier wants and
Circumstances and provides personal attention.
3. Efficiency and punctuality
.The patient wants to feel they are respected during and after the treatment
The patient wants to feel that they are an important part of thier own treatment plan.
5. Options and alternatives
The patient should know what are the treatment options available and explaining the options thoroughly
The patient wants to know about fees and services but in a pertinent and in a sensitive manner.